Welcome to the th Bromley Boys' Brigade Website
All the Company sections meet at the Temple U.R.Church (Hall)
179 High Street, St. Mary Cray Kent, BR5 4AX
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
Activity for all Company members
are running The Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme activity for families to get involved with. Details have been sent out to members but we are encouraging you to get involved with any of the following and send us your pictures.
• Draw a map of your local area from memory and then check to see if you have missed anything.
• Go for a walk and record your distances using a smartwatch or phone app. Try to work out your
average walking speed and use that to plan how long your next walk will take.
• Toast some marshmallows or make s'mores over an open fire or BBQ.
• Visit a local highpoint and watch a sunset.
• Learn some First Aid skills at firstaidforfree.com and practice tying a bandage on a family member.
• Do a sensory scavenger hunt and collect or take photos of as many different natural objects as
you can find. Investigate them when you get back.
• Take a map and compass (a smartphone app will do) and try to follow it using paths that you
have not used before, can you get home?
• Pitch a tent in the garden and spend a night out under the stars.
VE Day Badge activity for all Company members:
The Boys' Brigade UK have released a commemorative badge that the Boys could earn for a one off activity or task. These badges will be quite rare and only available during this session. Those who complete one of the following tasks below; will be awarded their badge during the new session along with any others they have gained during the 2019-20 session. This badge is open to all 13th BB member age groups
Badge Tasks Ideas:
1) Draw a picture/painting or collage to mark the VE Day.
2) Write a poem or prayer.
3) Find out about someone who served in the war and write a biography about them.
4) Create a presentation to show the timeline leading to VE Day.
5) Design or make your own VE Day commemorative badge or war memorial.
If you have your own idea for something that you would like to do instead, please go ahead.
All entries should be returned by Monday 13th July 2020.